The scope of such a flooring as a cherry laminate is quite wide. It can decorate and country houses, and spacious offices. Its versatility is due to the unique design that fits easily into any interior and fits any furniture and decor.
Laminate "cherry" as a way to design the floor has been known for a long time. During its existence, he managed to become one of the most sought-after materials, and this is not accidental. Many foreign and domestic manufacturers specialize in the production of this type of flooring, the sales volume of these companies is growing year by year.
A feature of wood is the acquisition over time of noble red-brown and light golden shades. It is on this quality and played a key role in the growth of profits of manufacturers of floor coverings. Especially clearly this feature is manifested on the laminate of dark tones.
Laminated flooring is quite versatile. Thanks to the pronounced golden and amber shades, the cherry floor can give any room an atmosphere of home comfort and warmth. No wonder that under such a floor it is easy to pick up furniture and decor and create an original design of the apartment.
To date, manufacturers have learned to make high-quality laminate boards of any color. Now no one will be surprised floor covering imitating wood Japanese, European or dark cherry. These breeds suggest the presence of a number of features that should be considered when choosing a cherry color laminate.
This material, imitating a woody cherry pattern, like all other types of laminate, has four layers:
- Stabilization pad. This layer does not exceed 4 millimeters in thickness. It serves to give the board the desired strength and protect it from the harmful effects of high humidity and high temperature. It is this very thin layer that takes on heavy loads in the form of furniture.
- The foundation. It is no less important and is responsible for reliability and durability. If this layer is made of high-quality fiberboard, cherry laminate will delight their owners for more than a dozen years.
- Image of cherry wood. This layer is responsible for the aesthetic appeal of the flooring. It is important that this layer is coated with a compound that prevents exposure to ultraviolet rays. Otherwise, the gorgeous cherry ornament will quickly turn into something faded and dull.
- Melamine resin. This finish is required to increase wear resistance. If this layer is very thin, chips, cracks, scratches and forcing will quickly appear on the laminate.
The above layers are mandatory in the production of laminate. Different manufacturers have different thickness of each of them, which caused a significant price variation. Some companies specializing in the manufacture of cherry color laminate add to the standard composition layers that improve the heat and sound insulation characteristics of the floor covering.
The benefits of cherry laminate
This material has a lot of positive moments. Among them are the unique appearance, the variety of shades and the relative cheapness of some models.
- Cherry color laminate has a huge number of varieties. Often, manufacturers deviate from the standard patterns and make a truly unique flooring with original decor.
- Strength. This board has an amazing ability to resist the harmful effects of the environment. It will not leave marks after the fall of heavy objects, there will be no dents from the legs of the sofa or table and other large-sized furniture. Even if you want to move an object without lifting it, there will not be a single trace of your experiments on the surface.
- Unpretentiousness. Laminate "wild cherry" does not require special care, it is easy to wash, there are no stains on it. Of course, you should not try to check the quality of the coating and pour red wine or blueberry juice on it.
Most people prefer oak laminate, so cherry-colored coating looks very attractive and unusual.
Where is cherry laminate used?
This flooring is great for those who appreciate comfort and a homely atmosphere. At the same time, it also looks stylish in the office space, where the work environment and the mood for productive activities are important. If the main activity of your company is to work with clients, guests of the organization will appreciate the interior with cherry floor.
If we talk about apartments and country houses, then light shades look more attractive and stylish. You can arrange the floor in pink, yellow-brown and beige. Such a choice is determined primarily by the fact that it allows you to visually push the boundaries of the room, making it lighter and warmer. Dark models are best used in hallways and corridors. Also, this range is used in classic interiors.
In commercial premises, designers recommend resorting to other variants of cherry laminate. Here will look great red, dark brown and natural shades. Laminate under cherry organically fits into the style of bars, shops and cafes.