Arthropod plant is indoor and undersized. It is whimsical and requires special attention. The plant belongs to the family of marand and is characterized by the presence of oval, bright green leaves. Stems are directed straight, and the roots are tuberous. Maranta is in high demand due to attractive spectacularly colored leaves. Veins and spots are visible on the flat surface of the sheet. The background of the leaves can be very diverse. You can find leaves from white and green to rich black.
The plant blooms in small, metelkovidnym, white inflorescences. Flowering plant looks elegant and attractive.
The length of the leaves can reach 15 centimeters. Sometimes the leaves in the process of growth can change their direction. If growth conditions are favorable, the leaf plates are arranged horizontally. With a low level of illumination, poor watering, they slightly rise up, adjacent to each other. In the evening, the leaves of the plant fold. In this form, they are a bit like palms. In this regard, in England, this flower has the name "praying plant".
Main plant species
- Reed view of arrowroot. This plant has a compact size. Its length does not exceed one meter. The roots are usually thick, and the stems in winter tend to dry out. The leaves of the plant are ovate-lanceolate, slightly tapered and round at the base. Plant blooms white flowers. The plant in nature lives near water.
- Maranta room tricolor species. This species is characterized by the presence of decorative dark green leaves up to 15 centimeters in length, in which there are reddish veins. Flowers are light pink and small.
- Maranta two-color view. It is an ornamental and undersized plant, which is characterized by the presence of short-tuberous stems. Oval-rounded leaves with a length of 10-15 centimeters have weakly wavy edges. From above leaves are green with small brownish splashes along the vein. From the bottom they are brownish-red. The plant is grown mainly in rooms and greenhouses.
- Belozhilchataya arrowroot is an ornamental, tuberous plant, which has a short stem. The leaves are round-elliptical in shape, reaching a length of 15 centimeters and a width of not more than 9 centimeters at the base, take the shape of a heart. From above they are dark green with attractive silver stripes in the middle. The scape is short, its length is within two centimeters. The plant is suitable for rooms, greenhouses, terrariums.
- Maranta Kerhoven. This type of plant has large leaves that are colored dark green. The height of this variety arrowroot can reach up to 25 centimeters.
Maranta is a type of plant that does not accept open sunlight. For him, they are dangerous because they can harm the leaves. If the plant is constantly in the sun, then its leaves will eventually become dull, and the drawing - less distinct.
If you decide to bring arrowroot into the house, then you need to prepare a place where penumbra prevails, and the sunlight is diffused.
The plant loves rooms with high humidity. In this regard, for the cultivation of this plant is perfect hallway.
Maranta is a tropical plant, therefore it is necessary to provide a high level of humidity not only in the pot, but also in the air. In summer, watering should be abundant, in winter - moderate. In the process of watering it is advisable to use soft water. It is necessary to monitor that the soil of the plant does not dry out. You should also try not to fill with arrowroot water. Watering should be done when there is less water in the pan. In addition, in the summer the plant is useful to spray and put under the pot pan, which is wet gravel. Caring for arrowroot at home is easy if you follow simple rules.
Soil and fertilizers - particular choices
The plant loves a slightly acidic soil, so a mixture of peat and sand is excellent for growing a plant. Lay a layer of gravel on the bottom of the pot. You can also add to the pot charcoal during transplantation.
For good growth, the flower must be fertilized from time to time. Feeding is desirable to carry out in the warm season. It should be carried out at least twice a year. In the process of feeding you need to combine mineral and organic fertilizers. It is better to choose fertilizers where high levels of potassium and nitrogen are contained. In the implementation of feeding you must use half the norm, which is indicated on the package. Do not use fertilizers that have a high level of concentration.
The plant has its own diseases, so it is very important to detect them in time. If you began to observe that the arrowroot at home began to dry out, the leaves and stems turned yellow, then it means that the plant does not receive the proper amount of moisture. You can eliminate this problem by regularly spraying the leaves and the stem. When dry air leaves begin to fall off. It is necessary to increase the level of humidity and the problem will be solved.