The design of plumbing and bathroom furniture does not stand still. Functional and style solutions are constantly appearing on the market, which make the bathroom beautiful, comfortable and unusual. These structures include the wall-mounted washbasin for the bathroom, which makes it possible to create the effect of floating in the air for a lighter and spacious interior. This bathroom sink has its own features and advantages.
Types of hanging sinks
A common feature of such a sink is that they are mounted on the wall. At the same time there are several subspecies of such shells. These include:
- Classic hanging sinks for the bathroom. These are ordinary sinks that are attached to the wall.
- Hanging sink with extra space for cosmetics. A bowl of such a sink has a place where you can put toiletries and cosmetics. At the same time such a washbasin is attached to the wall without additional elements.
- Wall mounted washbasin Suspended cupboard with sink attached to the wall. This design allows not only to store things, but also to hide pipes, drains and other communications.
- Laid on sink. A feature of this design is that the washbasin is superimposed on a stand or hanging furniture.
- Built-in hanging sink in the bathroom. In this case, the bowl is built into the hanging furniture, creating a single working space. Suspended furniture hides communications and allows you to store bathroom accessories and cosmetics.
Also suspended shells differ in shape and size. The shape of such a sink is:
- oval suspended sink;
- hanging sink double or single;
- corner hanging sink;
- sink with countertop.
Advantages and disadvantages of suspended washbasins
Suspended sinks are very popular. This is due to their significant advantages:
- Free space. Suspension mounting system ensures the availability of free space under it. This creates a feeling of lightness and compactness. In addition, a sink can be installed above the washing machine, which will save space in a small bathroom.
- Easy to clean. Cleaning in the bathroom, where the hanging structure is installed is much easier than in the bathroom with a floor sink. In addition, the mounted sink has a high ergonomic index.
- Functionality. The mounted washbasin can be installed at any convenient height. This will allow you to independently choose the height of the sink, making it comfortable to use. In addition, the choice of the height of the sink will allow the most convenient use of the useful area of a small room.
- Ability to hide communications and fittings. Suspended structures can hide all plumbing communications. This can be used hanging tables or specially made box.
- Despite the obvious advantages of hanging washbasins, they also have one drawback. For their installation requires a solid concrete base. Such structures are mounted on the wall, so if in this place there is a plasterboard partition, installation will be impossible.
To install a suspended sink, check the strength of the wall. Suspended washbasins can be installed only on solid walls. Plasterboard structures are not able to reliably fix the product due to the low carrying capacity.
Installation steps of the suspended shell:
- Choosing a place to install. Suspended structures can be installed at any height, so you can choose the most convenient option for using the sink. When making measurements and marks, consider the distance from the floor, as well as the dimensions of the washstand itself.
- Install sinks. To install the washbasin, holes should be made with a drill or a perforator, and then plug dowels into them. Next, you should attach brackets to the wall, on which to hang the structure. To increase the fastening strength, it is recommended to pour a little glue into the holes, and then plug the dowels already. The installed sink should fit snugly on the wall and not loose. When installing the sink in the wall, it is recommended to hide the sewer pipes under the trim.
- Washbasin connection. After installation, a siphon should be attached to the washbasin and connected to the sewer. Then you need to connect the sink to the water supply. In this case, it is recommended to use special flexible wiring. To protect the structure from leakage, use a fum tape. With it, you can reliably seal all connections.
- Check work. An important step in the installation is testing the washbasin. To do this, turn on the water and check the quality and reliability of all connections. If even insignificant drops appear, turn off the water, tighten all the nuts more tightly, and then lubricate the previously dried joints with a sealant.
Installing a hanging sink should not cause difficulties even for an inexperienced master. However, if there is no confidence in the quality of the work performed, it is better to call a professional. Otherwise, you can damage the expensive plumbing.
Stylish and unusual hanging sinks with a drawer, bedside tables or minimalist design are the perfect solution for small bathrooms. In addition, their use allows you to create a beautiful original design, as well as improve the hygiene and ease of use of the bathroom.