Corner sink in the kitchen and bathroom - an interesting solution that allows for another "replay" the free space in the room. Every day more and more things appear in the house, it is already impossible to imagine your life without a washing machine, microwave or refrigerator. Here are the designers and go to every way tricks, coming up with unthinkable designs, so that the design for the kitchen and bathroom was perfect, and the space was correctly used.
Corner sink is most often installed in apartments with a standard type of layout. The kitchen sink complements the interior composition and furniture, decorated "g-shaped."
Among the main advantages of using sinks and sinks of this type, it is worth noting the following:
- A small corner sink in any possible configuration always takes up much less space than the traditional rectangular version;
- Due to the enormous number of forms, color solutions, unusual experiments that improve ergonomics and make the design unique, it is possible to choose the most optimal design for any interior;
- The space under the sink corner sink turns out quite large. It is enough to comfortably store household chemicals, utensils, and other accessories there.
Usually the space in the kitchen where the corner kitchen sink is located is used somewhat differently than in the classic version. The distance between the stove, the table top and the sink itself is significantly reduced. This allows the hostess to perform all manipulations with great convenience.
Cons to face
Any, even the most modern and thoughtful in all respects, the device can still have a number of drawbacks. A popular corner sink in the toilet, in the kitchen or in the bathroom can disappoint its owners for the following reasons:
- The angle is almost always in such structures becomes the so-called "dead zone". The larger the wash size, the greater this angle. Some enterprising hostesses equip the tabletop in the form of a shelf, where various household accessories or just souvenirs and knickknacks are stored;
- Carrying out the necessary plumbing measures may be accompanied by a number of unexpected difficulties.
The disadvantages of this type of sinks are not so much, and the advantages are much greater. Moreover, a variety of shapes and sizes allows you to choose a model that will satisfy all the needs and demands of their owners.
Despite the specificity of the design itself, the shapes and design of the sinks are quite diverse. Consider the best options:
- Classic corner sink in the bathroom and for the kitchen looks like a device with several bowls, which are located at an angle of 45 degrees. The bowl itself under the sink can be round, oval, triangular, square or irregular in shape (in the case of an exclusive design line). The floor structure is equipped with one or two wings for dishes. These models are quite overall. If there is not enough space in the bathroom or in the kitchen, it is better to refuse such a device. Standard corner designs are optimal for large sizes;
- A small corner sink to the bathroom and to the kitchen is a rounded model, more in configuration resembling standard designs that are placed along the wall. The main difference is that sinks are built into the surface of the tabletop;
- Corner pendant sink - a model that is embedded in a part of the working area in an atypical way - tilted.
The design of the sinks can be very different. Designers like to experiment with form, materials, and other parameters. However, there is one requirement that remains unchanged in any situation: the depth of the wash itself. It should be 20 centimeters (possible deviation from the norms of 3 - 4 centimeters). A sink that is too deep will force you to lean all the time, which is extremely uncomfortable. If the bowl is shallow, it will be very inconvenient to wash the dishes and carry out other important household procedures.
Types of sinks by type of installation
Corner sink in the interior of the kitchen or bathroom can look completely different. It largely depends on how the structure was built into a part of the working area:
- Embedded sink mortise type (design, as it were buried in the monolith of the tabletop);
- Surface mounted corner sink (with the help of small sides, the whole structure is held on the table top);
- Under-table models (such sinks are a little smaller than the previous versions are installed by means of special clamps under the table top).
Regardless of the type of installation, the preference is usually given to round-shaped mini-sinks. When choosing a sink, it is necessary to take into account how many dishes will be washed in it, how often, what other manipulations they will possibly carry out.
The performance characteristics, features of the use of the model and its appearance largely depend on what materials were used for its production. Even the smallest corner sink with a pedestal, placed in the bathroom, will last much longer if really high-quality materials and accessories were used to create it.
Stainless steel structures are ideal for the kitchen. Due to the special properties of the metal, you can create products of any shape and configuration. Among the main advantages possessed by stainless steel, it is worth noting:
- Unpretentious operation;
- Impact resistance;
- Metal bowls never break;
- The color of steel is harmoniously combined with mixers, as well as various household accessories and appliances;
- Metal does not suffer from exposure to high temperatures and household chemicals;
- Low cost of stainless steel products.
There are also disadvantages, but they are not so significant. Glossy surface can scratch appliances. In case of careless operation, drops of detergent may remain on the surface of stainless steel sinks, food debris, even ordinary water may “stain” the washing gloss.
The noise of falling water and any sounds originating in a stainless steel cup will be upset by their unusual volume. Also, steel structures are used specifically for the kitchen, but in the bathroom you can meet "noble metal" less often. An exception is the case when the design of the bathroom is harmoniously combined with stainless steel products (modern, techno, minimalism, futuristic direction).
Ceramic corner cabinets with bathroom cabinets are more acceptable than for the kitchen. There are different sizes, allowing you to effectively beat the free space in the room. Mini-models are suitable for small bathrooms, where there is a minimum of free space.
Large ceramic sinks with a pedestal and several compartments for storing various fixtures will be appropriate in spacious apartments. Modern ceramics is a refractory strong material that is used in the production of a variety of sanitary fixtures.
Usually from the same type of ceramics form the whole set for the bathroom. As standard, it includes a sink (sometimes even supplemented with a spare wash basin), as well as a bidet with a toilet. In this case, the sink, like other elements, can be built into other functional components.
Ceramics always look stylish, do not change their appearance over a long period of time. The only negative is the relatively high cost, compared with stainless steel counterparts.
For the kitchen, models of enamel corner sinks would be inappropriate. They are prone to mechanical damage and cracks. Gloss quickly loses its luster, and if chips are formed on the surface, it is almost impossible to disguise them in any way.
There are sinks of enameled steel and cast iron. The first option is good for both home and office, and also often found in public places. Such products are inexpensive and look good in any interior.
Enameled cast iron sink embodies the modest elegance. The main advantage of cast iron - incredible strength. Mini-designs due to the processing of high-quality enamel will be able to decorate any interior.
Natural stone and high-quality porcelain stoneware always complement perfectly any interior composition. And huge stone sinks, and mini versions of artificial counterparts that mimic luxurious marble or granite, will add to the room a special respectability, the design will seem richer and more expensive.
It is difficult to find a more noble material, both for kitchen locations and for bathrooms. Quality products are pleased with special advantages:
- Scratch resistant;
- Ease of care;
- Stone products are not afraid of blows;
- Surfaces do not change color or texture under the influence of cleaning agents;
- There are always many options in terms of choosing the color, shade, texture, imitation of certain natural "patterns";
- Mini-sinks made of porcelain stoneware look as impressive and rich as large structures;
- The sizes, forms, configurations of models are presented in wide assortment.
Stone products are attractive in their stylistic versatility. In the bathroom or in the kitchen, you can drastically change the interior concept several times, but a noble stone sink will look spectacular in any version.
Composite materials are a combination of granite and quartz chips using special technologies with acrylic resin, which gives the mixture a special heat resistance and impressive strength characteristics. The most popular materials are strongcryl and corian.
Sinks made of composite look stylish, as well as delight their performance. At the same time, the sinks are attractive in a mini-format, even if the size of the model is quite impressive.
Choosing a sink, in particular material for it, is an important step in arranging the kitchen space and the bathroom. Do not neglect the recommendations of experts. Also, when buying any product, it is important to get acquainted with the quality certificates.