Every happy owner of his own bathroom wants to see the interior of this room stylish, beautiful and comfortable. Therefore, starting repairs, the owner of the bathroom goes through all sorts of options for its stylistic solution. There are many options - from classic style to trendy high-tech. But if a person prefers a functional, modern interior, then you should definitely look at a solution like a loft-style bathroom. In the article we will consider the features of such a bathroom and find out what requirements this room should meet.
Loft style bathroom features
The loft style in the interior reflects the desire of city dwellers to nature and greater freedom. In addition, the loft-style decoration expresses a kind of protest against the excessive decorativeness of the living space.
Loft implies a spacious room. If brick walls are not plastered in a small bathroom, you might get the impression that the repair is not finished. Yes, and the room will resemble, rather, a pantry, rather than a chic bathroom. Whereas such spacious walls will fit into spacious interiors. But the tile or stone for wall decoration, too, fit.
A loft-style bathroom must necessarily have several functional areas, separated by various finishing materials or their colors. Lamps, furniture and accessories can also help zone the space.
A loft-style bathroom is perfect for people who are not shy about expressing their thoughts, are accustomed to thinking creatively, they value originality and freedom of expression.
Loft style in the bathroom welcomes sophisticated modern materials. This glass of various types and varieties, and artificial decorative stone, and high-quality durable plastic, and translucent polycarbonate. These materials can be made and furniture, and lamps, and decorative tiles.
Rough surfaces and deliberate incompleteness are the hallmarks of loft style. Relief textured tiles and a kind of coarse functional furniture are usually used. Accessories and fixtures are also matched to the surface.
Industrial motives are what the loft-style principle is based on. Since the loft direction has "grown" from the peculiar style of empty abandoned industrial premises of plants and factories, which were designed for residential, then it is very close to the industrial theme. Decorating the bathroom with industrial-style drawings and details, shiny surfaces styled as brass or steel, you will originally decorate the area of the room. Properly selected lamps and furniture complement the interior.
Unusual accessories will be the highlight of the interior. No excessive decoration is used. It is important that all decorative elements, furniture and lamps have a rough and uncluttered surface, resembling the functional design of machines or appliances.
The entire bathroom should be in full view, especially if it is small. Loft-style spaces are always open: remember what the production halls look like - the ancestors of style. Furniture is therefore used to a minimum, and lamps should brightly illuminate the room.
Plumbing can be as super-modern, emphasized expensive and functional, and stylized vintage. In the latter case, brass washbasins, painted steel in steel, toilet and bathroom are welcome. The tile should also be matched by the rest of the interior.
Pipes in the loft bathroom remain visible and also play a role in the interior. They can be painted in the color corresponding to the overall design or be made of modern plastic emphasized.
When choosing furniture in the loft style, keep in mind that it should also match the overall style. Even if it is wooden, it should have metal, plastic and other elements, reminiscent of its functional purpose. Of course, in the decoration of furniture should not be present patterns, cute decor and similar details. Tiles and lamps, too, should not have excessive decor.
Loft style bathroom looks great if there is a window in it. This design direction welcomes a lot of light, so the presence of natural light would be useful. It is worth thinking about artificial lighting. All lamps and fixtures should be made of metal or plastic. Spot lighting complement the interior. Use not one, but several lamps, large and small - with their help you can easily zone the bathroom interior.
Consider which materials best emphasize a loft style bathroom design.
- Relief plaster. Textured surfaces are a distinctive feature of style. Therefore, it is the best way to finish the walls that is suitable plaster, creating a relief, uneven surface. For example, it may be the famous "bark beetle". Textured decorative tiles are also widely used.
- Bare concrete - deliberately, stylized aged. Such a surface would be appropriate to look in the bathroom in a loft style. However, be careful - too much concrete can make the area of the room uncomfortable, give an uninhabited look. Bright spots of warm shades “scattered” around the room will help to revive the interior. It can be a bright curtain or towels, other details.
- Brick masonry, not plastered. Such a stylized coarse red brick wall is a common technique when decorating rooms in a loft style. There is even a special decorative tile on the market that imitates such a wall. Be sure to select the appropriate lamps and furniture to complement the industrial interior.
Let's figure out what furniture should be used for a loft-style bathroom.
- This unusual style is welcoming and equally unusual furniture. It may even be copyright, single copies. There may be abstract furniture, a bit incomprehensible and futuristic.
- Material for production: metal, plastic and glass - the most common combination. Modern designers create real works of art from these simple materials, so the choice of furniture is not difficult.
- A simple rough bench made of wood is perfect for the interior of such a bathroom. And complement it with the same shelves or closet and suitable tiles. Of course, the size of the bathroom must be appropriate to accommodate all these interior items.
- Chrome elements are suitable for finishing items of furniture in the loft style. These can be metal pens, corner covers, and other parts. They will complement the interior and give a special atmosphere to the room.