More and more you can see unusual design solutions in the bedroom. A bed is a key figure in the interior of this room. Much depends on the location of the room, its size and the preference of the owner of the bedroom. Ideally, if the bedroom is moved to the attic, because there you can place a hanging bed. With proper imagination, such an unusual bed will complement the space of the apartment. The main thing is to have enough space for hanging such a swing.
Most of the beds that are attached to the ceiling, resemble cozy nests. They want to dig in and wait out all the hardships. This is an incredibly comfortable bed-swing, giving the feeling of flying in a dream. This original furniture has its own characteristics that should be considered:
- For kids, this furniture is not suitable. With a great desire to save the situation can only a number of additional mounts. Children's bed must be well fixed and exclude the possibility of injury.
- If you are suffering from seasickness, then such a bed does not suit you at all.
- Installing a bed-swing is quite laborious and high in the price category. If you want to sleep in a safe place and do not worry that the bed breaks, then you should not save on it.
Beds suspended from the ceiling construction have no legs touching the floor. That is what adds weightlessness to the interior.
- Additional space for light and air appears.
- With a floating bed, there is every opportunity to create the floor you want. You can pay special attention to the flooring, make it a work of art.
- If you decide to create a dresser under the bed of the same shape, where you will keep things, then you will create a feeling of a levitating bed, but the effect of the free floor will disappear.
Moments that make up certain difficulties or inconveniences should also be taken into account.
- The difficulty of installing such a bed in the installation. Hanging bed can be fixed to the ceiling, or mounted in the wall.
- Upon reaching a visually unloaded space, a suspended bed is not able to save space. It will always be the center of the interior, occupying a significant part of it.
- Cleaning will have to do much more often. Since the open floor must remain clean.
- The flying bed is always swinging. For some, this is a plus, but for someone a disadvantage. Someone loves "motion sickness" in a dream, and someone's movement of the bed during any movement can be annoying. If you consider yourself to be the last, then the cradle for an adult is a minus for you - you should choose a hanging bed on a rigid fixed construction.
Hanging bed mounting options
The fixture that sustains you and the bed is the main key point in all suspension systems. Consider that the surface to which you will fasten the bed should be very reliable and durable. That is, decorative ceiling beams do not fit a priori. To the unreliable walls and ceiling massive suspended bed is not attached.
The most important thing in a suspended bed is a proper and secure fit that will support the weight of the bed and the people sleeping on it. Most of the hanging beds are double beds. The bed, like a swing, looks very romantic, but should be safe. The strength of the mounting surface is very important, that is, it is not possible to mount a massive suspended bed on a wall made of plasterboard or on a thin decorative ceiling beam.
Suspended bed mounting for ceiling
The most used bed fixing option is the ceiling one. To imagine this type of attachment, it is worth remembering garden sofa swings. The fundamental moment in the suspension of an air bed is to make the correct calculation of the power of its mounting, which will bear not only the load of the structure itself, but also the people who will use this bed.
Mount the bed to the wall
The bed looks magically fascinating if visually fixing will not be visible at all. It creates the effect of levitation of furniture in the air. The bed does not touch either the floor or is fixed to the ceiling, but is in a state of soaring.
Bedroom, nursery or cottage?
What place to choose for a suspended bed? Be creative and hang the bed in the attic of your own home. Choose any suitable mount that holds your sleeping swing securely. Turn the attic into a cozy bedroom or a place where you can spend a cozy romantic evening in the company of a good book and a cup of hot chocolate, watching the snow flakes smoothly circling outside the window. A warm bachelorette party can take place in such a unique room, into which your attic will turn.