Kitchen area of 18 square meters. m. - this is a real luxury. In apartment buildings, the kitchen of such an area can be met infrequently, except when combined with the living room, hallway or in apartments of the “studio” type, where everything is located in one room. In a private house or cottage such spacious kitchens are much more common. Still composing the project of the future house, many customers indicate the need for a spacious kitchen. At 18 square meters. m. you can let fantasies roam, create an original project, the layout and design of which will be unique, and boldly embody any ideas.
Such an option as the kitchen, combined with the next room or hallway, is very popular in modern renovation. Of course, the demolition and dismantling of walls requires certain physical, financial and bureaucratic costs. Changing the layout of the apartment must be coordinated with the housing authorities in order to avoid destruction of the bearing walls.
Kitchen and living room
The kitchen and living room can be combined without significant losses for both zones, especially if the total combined area is 17 square meters. m. - 18 square meters. m. The area of the room from 17 square. m. allows you to place a full kitchen, a fairly large dining table and equip a bed for guests. From the point of view of design, it is necessary to visually divide the room into 2 main areas:
- cooking zone;
- living and dining room.
Kitchen and hallway
The kitchen combined with the hallway slightly loses the version from the living room. First of all, because the entrance hall is a rather dirty place. To reduce the amount of street dirt, you can build a small room at the front door, which would accommodate outerwear and shoes. If this is not possible, then you can make a plasterboard partition with a large window: the rooms will be connected, but there will be less dirt. In addition to practical application, this design performs a significant aesthetic role in interior design: the interior window in the apartment looks original.
Kitchen in the studio
Studio apartments are in great demand among young people starting their independent lives. Kitchen design in the studio should be thought out to the smallest detail - the total area of the apartment, of course, is more than 17 square meters. m. or 18 square. m., but rarely exceeds 30 square meters. m ... In the studio it is better to give preference to minimalism and a light color palette. Bright accents can be made on large interior elements: a refrigerator, a sofa and chairs. The kitchen in the studio apartment can do without a full dining table. Making the project of an interior of studio, it is better to give preference to a bar counter. It is more compact and will fit well into any style and design: from high-tech to neoclassicism.
Kitchen combined with balcony
This is another original design of the kitchen space (and its increase to 17 sq. M., Or even 18 sq. M.). It can be converted by installing a tabletop instead of a window sill, and a small sofa can be built on the balcony itself. Especially true if it is a studio apartment. If the kitchen is combined with the living room, then a refrigerator can be taken out of the room to the balcony. Or take out there cooking zone, leaving 18 square meters. m. for the living room and dining room. Or arrange a small front garden on the balcony, especially if the side is sunny, plant parsley, mint and basil. It will be pleasant to any hostess to cook in a beautiful kitchen, besides fresh aromatic herbs will always be at home.
Kitchen design in a private house
If the kitchen is 18 square meters. m. in a private house, there are no obstacles to the realization of any project. There are no restrictions when carrying out gas or water supply, so the stove, sink, dishwasher can be positioned even in the center of the room. For a private house with a spacious kitchen of 17 square meters. m. - 18 square meters. m. ideal interior styles such as:
- Provence. Light pastel colors, wooden set with floral and floral themes, chairs with uncomplicated carvings. Full domination of natural materials.
- Italian style. Sandy-yellow and dark coffee colors dominate the interior. An integral part of Italian-style kitchen design should be a large window in the middle of the room. A decorative brick is used to imitate stone walls and wooden bars imitating ceiling beams. Italian-style kitchen will be one of the most comfortable places in the house.
- Modern This style is very similar to high-tech and also involves the use of high-tech elements. But unlike hi-tech, quieter combinations of colors are appropriate in modernist style, more natural materials are used - natural stone and wood. In the interior in the modern style, it is customary to install many sources of illumination, which allows you to further zone the space.
Conventionally, kitchen sets can be of several types:
- linear set (located along the wall);
- headset with island element, detached from the main structure;
- angular (or L-shaped) set;
- U-shaped (or rectangular).