The bathroom often uses decorative tiles as the most practical, economical, inexpensive material with a huge choice of colors, textures and shapes. It can be used both on the floor and for wall decoration. With this finishing material, you can create any design, depending on the style that you want to implement.
In today's time there is a tile layout in the bathroom in a large number of different options. Skilled masters know many ways. But most often from them 3-4 are used. In the article we will understand what are the ways of laying tile in the bathroom, what are their advantages and weaknesses, what design they allow to carry out.
The advantages of using tiles in the bathroom
Why do most bathroom owners prefer to decorate these rooms with ceramic tiles:
- The material is very practical. Horizontal and vertical tiles are moisture resistant, long serving, easy to maintain.
- A large selection of colors, sizes, textures allows you to experiment with the design, finding the right combination of colors, to carry out any decor ideas, even in a small bathroom. For example, the design with a black and white tile in the form of a chessboard is very popular.
- A variety of tile layouts make it possible to combine different colors, thereby achieving the individuality of the room, making it an original, authoring work. An individual layout can be found for each interior in the bathroom.
Which layouts of tiled and ceramic materials in the bathroom on the floor and walls are the most popular today:
Standard without offset
This is the most popular layout plan. In Soviet times, all bathrooms in new buildings were trimmed this way, so for many, this layout causes instinctive visual rejection. Her example in that performance can still be seen in the apartments of the elderly. However, if it is carried out using a large tile, then the standard layout without offset looks quite stylish and original.
This scheme is a classic of the genre, when the lower third of the wall is laid out with dark tiles, and the upper two thirds is lighter. The place of joining different colors of the tile is usually also made with a contrast border in tone, it is possible also from a mosaic. Often, this method of decorating toilets can be seen, as an example, in various public institutions. Such methods can be applied to your own bathroom, but this gives the bathroom a bit of rigor and formality.
Features and rules:
- Such a layout project makes the room lower, while expanding it. You should carefully examine the floor plan.
- The floor at the same time can be the same as the walls, and be completely contrast with them. Each design is interesting in its own way.
- In some variations, you can see a combination of a light bottom and a dark top. However, such a tile layout in the bathroom lowers the ceiling level, so it is suitable for narrow and high premises. And in most of our standard apartments, smaller and not too high bathrooms are more common.
- Border on the walls of the bathroom can be made as a narrow strip, and a fairly wide independent area, tiled in several rows. In addition, these strips, especially if they are narrow, may well be a few pieces. Just do not forget that each of them will slightly lower the room.
In this layout, the tile that is laid out on the floor continues on the wall. But not completely on the whole wall, but 2-3 rows above the floor. Above, it is desirable to make a tile of a different shade, most often lighter. Such a layout plan will make the design of the room lower and wider.
Fragments with an accent
A very popular layout plan today. But such options tile layouts in the bathroom are suitable only for placing a decent size. In a small room, contrasting accents can create a visual imbalance that looks inharmonious.
- If you decide to choose such a project layouts bathroom tiles, you should know that you do not need to focus on more than 2-3 sections of the bathroom. A perfect example of the layout, when accents are made in the field of washbasin, towel warmer and shower. Or in another similar version.
- If you do not want to increase the height of the ceiling, then the accent area should not be started directly from the floor, but rather it should be done at some distance. It is also not necessary in this case to bring the emphasis to the ceiling.
- You can make accents using mosaic.
- On the floor, such a layout plan does not apply. Accents made on the floor look ridiculous and inappropriate.
In some embodiments, such a scheme is also called "patchwork" or "patchwork". Here, the design combines tiles of several colors, while they can alternate both randomly and stick to a particular order. People of creative professions with a creative way of thinking like to choose such design methods. A similar layout plan tile can be carried out on the bathroom floor.
This layout project uses one primary, basic color of the material, and a different color is entered as bright blotches with individual tiles. Sections of a contrasting color should usually consist of single individual tiles scattered randomly, therefore they are called “spray”. They can still be made using mosaic. Correct and will look good only in spacious rooms: bathrooms and bathrooms. In a small room, such a design will not be appreciated, as it will look careless.